Friday 3 August 2007

Winding Down

If this works out as planned this will be the first post to work via email submission. My, what an age we live in!

Having spoken to my mobile phone service provider several times now, it seems that my best option is to switch provider, which is something that I'll be attending to later in the afternoon. It will take a couple of days to get my number transferred, but hopefully by then I will have configured my new phone for email as well and so the mobile blogging can begin.

I say that like it is some magical solution to all of life's problems. Maybe it is?!

In other news, I've just finished working on my first academic paper, which is kind of exciting. We haven't settled on a journal to submit it to yet, but it should be available online soon on a maths archive site, and if anyone is interested I'll link to it when it goes up.

Although the weather has brightened up today, the forecast is pretty grim for the weekend, and I can foresee myself spending time at home - in the first instance I have some things to sort out before I go on holiday, and secondly, noisms has me hooked on the idea of Interactive Fiction. Although I was never particularly good at playing them I have fond memories of sitting at my ZX Spectrum +2A and playing Famous Five games, as well as various Lord Of The Rings inspired parody games. I’m always looking for new ways to be creative, maybe this will be something good to do. After I’ve had a play around I’ll put some of my first attempts online and link to them, along with a reader program.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

No comments: