Friday 10 August 2007

Keepie uppie

.
So, football was good. In the hour that I played I didn't score, and during my time as goalkeeper I let two goals past me, but the time I was on won, and I didn't embarrass myself during the game, so that's a good thing in my book.

It was good to run around a bit, although it was totally different to the kind of running that I do on the cross trainer, so my body's aching a bit today. I guess that I'm still not quite as fit as I would like to be, but I'm going to keep going to the gym and (after I get back from my holiday) keep playing football with the guys as well. You never get anywhere if you just sit on your arse.

Unless you're a passenger.

noisms post about Japanese music this morning was pretty I good I thought. Since I'm here there and everywhere over the next few weeks, basically writing random thoughts as they come to me, maybe I'll do some Top 5s as well. There's nothing quite like taking someone else's good idea or concept and then basically copying it.

Anyway, here's hoping that technology doesn't fail, and my posts get through! But before I leave my computer, careful readers may have spotted that I didn't embarrass myself during the game yesterday...

I was the third person to turn up yesterday, and so we were just kicking the ball back and forth between us. So this guy kicks the ball up and towards me, I see it coming down out of the air, and eager to impress I decide to try and bump it off my chest (like I've seen professionals do on the TV) and then kick it on to the third guy. I step forward to meet the ball, watch it fall and take a step back again, thinking that I've judged it correctly, and finally go on tiptoes, certain that it's all going to work.

The ball promptly hits me in the groin.

No comments: