Wednesday 2 January 2008

A New Year

Happy New Year! So, 2008... Back in the office.

Christmas at home with my family was actually really nice. I thought that I'd be climbing the walls by the 23rd, but we just had a really nice time. Which was good, because I've been sick since the evening of Christmas Day: I've had a procession of sore throats and earaches - I finally went to the doctor on New Year's Eve, who told me that he thought it was viral but gave me a prescription for amoxycillin to fill today in case I was feeling no better (and it was some kind of mysterious infection). Went and got them this morning and am hoping that they will do some good soon.

Too busy over the next three months to be sick.

Today is all about looking through things, replying to any emails that came in while I was away from the computer and starting to think about exactly what I need to do and when I need to do it by; I think that things are going to come easier if I plot something out, a timetable of targets. Came in late today, leaving early, and tomorrow is the first proper day of work.

I think the next two days are going to be little media reviews of 2007; on my university website I kept a record of the books I read with one line reviews, so I'm going to crosspost that completed list to here tomorrow. On Friday I'll do the same for films (that I saw at the cinema), though I've only got a list for that and so will have to come up with little reviews for them.

And then next week... Who knows...

(postscript: I wish I hadn't just read about the side effects of amoxycillin)

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

Welcome back, and Happy New Year! I look forward to reading your reviews.