Friday, 29 June 2007

That Friday Feeling

.
Since when did the "Friday Feeling" become "meh"?

Maybe I just need to get out more, but I can remember when I used to really look forward to the weekend. Lately, as tiring and stressful as work can be I get to the weekend and think "What am I going to do?" or more usually, "What am I going to do to fill the time well?"

I have a kind of obsession lately with making good use of my time, which is probably why I spend so much time on Facebook or trawling through the archives of various webcomics or blogs. Some things that I am thinking about doing this weekend include: continuing to read the Amazing Spider-Man omnibus that I got a few weeks back; sketching out some ideas for future blog posts; thinking about some maths stuff; visiting Manchester; reading Altered Carbon; painting.

I haven't painted for a long time, I have this thing about not wanting to start something until I know what it is that I'm going to be doing. Does that make sense? For example, I want to be able to see the full painting in my mind's eye before I pick up the brush, even if (and really, there's no if about it) the reality is that I am not as good a painter as I would like to be. Similarly in maths, I don't like to try showing something unless I have some idea (usually a gut feeling) that it is true.

But anyway, I've got off topic. It used to be that the Friday feeling was this "Yes! I'm away from work for a few days!" sensation, but lately it's become this "Well, I'll be back in the office on Monday so what's the point?" feeling. I don't know when it changed or what it means, but there we go.

Actually, having typed all that I feel a bit more positive about the weekend, as if writing about the possibilities for what I could do have already made Saturday and Sunday feel like a more worthwhile proposition.

Blogging: informative and therapeutic.

2 comments:

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.